Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "''You are on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master."
"What? How can you do this? This is outrageous! It's unfair!"
- ―Anakin Skywalker is denied mastery
Yoda was one of the oldest Jedi Masters, having lived approximately 900 years before his death. Over the course of his 800-year-long career as a Jedi Master, Yoda trained no less than 20,000 Jedi.
The Jedi High Council was made up of twelve Jedi Masters, one of which bore the title of Grand Master, who had the power to grant Jedi Knights the title of Master, in consensus. Other prominent Jedi Masters, whom also sat on the Council, included Mace Windu and Shaak Ti.
After serving as a Jedi Knight for three years, Anakin Skywalker advanced to the point in his training that he felt he deserved the rank of Jedi Master, though the Council did not agree. When Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine appointed Skywalker to the Council as his personal representative, the Council reluctantly agreed, hoping to use him as a means to spy on Palpatine. However, the Council did not grant Skywalker the title of Master. Skywalker took this as an insult, as no Jedi in the history of the Jedi Order had ever been placed on the Council without receiving the rank of Master.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ; image #3 (of 22)
Notes and referencesEdit