A Padawan, also known as a Padawan learner or Apprentice, referred to a Force-sensitive adolescent who trained in the Jedi Order to one day become a full-fledged Jedi. Padawans were known as Jedi younglings at first, and trained in classroom settings with multiple students and a teacher. After reaching a certain age, Padawans were normally apprenticed to a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master, beginning their one-on-one training. Apprentices would often go on missions with their masters as part of this one-on-one training. Jedi were only allowed to have one Padawan as an apprentice at a time. Most of the Padawans were known to grow or wear Padawan braids to symbolize their rank. After completing the Jedi Trials, a Padawan would be promoted to the rank of Jedi Knight.
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
- Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- ↑ A New Dawn
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Truitt, Brian (November 14, 2016). Exclusive: Darth Maul gets a new 'Star Wars' comic book. USA Today. Retrieved on November 14, 2016.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars:The Clone Wars
- ↑ "The End of History"—Star Wars Insider 154