|Jedi Starfighter Corps|
Created by the Order to combat the Sith, the Corps saw a major expansion during the New Sith Wars as a way to counter the fleets of the Brotherhood of Darkness. Piloting Kuat Redshift starfighters throughout the war as part of the Army of Light, the Army was dissolved as part of the Ruusan Reformation and the Corps returned to its smaller form. Upgrading to the Savage Star fighters, the Corps maintained a much smaller fleet, and over the years eventually phased out much of its armed craft.
Centuries later, the Order updated their Starfighter fleet with the Delta-6 starfighter model. Used for recon missions, Master Clee Rhara proposed to build a new starfighter facility on Centax-2. However, Rhara's plans were foiled by Senator Vox Chun who opposed the Order's move to re-militarize. Yet this would not be a lasting trend as the Order purchased a fleet of Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor during the Separatist Crisis to counter the rising violence on the Outer Rim.
During the Clone Wars, the Starfighter Corps became a part of the Grand Army of the Republic, eventually upgrading once more, this time to the Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor. At the conclusion of the war, the Jedi order was disbanded by the Galactic Empire, its members hunted down and killed during the Great Jedi Purge.
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Apprentice Special Edition: Deceptions (First appearance)
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 47 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Jedi Apprentice Special Edition: Deceptions
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- ↑ Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- ↑ Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ HoloNet News Vol. 531 47 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —