- "Cease hostility!"
- ―A Jedi Temple Guard attempts to end the fight between Anakin Skywalker and Barriss Offee
The Jedi Temple Guards were part of the Jedi Order. They wore golden-brown robes with Jedi patterns on them to signify their loyalty to the order and carried special lightsaber pikes which produced yellow blades.
The role of Jedi Temple Guard was an ancient, honored heritage within the hallowed halls of the Jedi Temple. Reporting to Cin Drallig, head of security, the Temple Guards were anonymous sentinels plucked from the ranks of the Jedi as part of a Knight's ongoing commitment to the Order. A Jedi Temple Guard would disappear inside the formal robes and identity-concealing masks, the ultimate expression of emotional detachment required in service to a higher calling. Temple Guards carried imposing lightsaber pikes—thick, double-bladed weapons that produced a rare and distinctive yellow blade.
During the Clone Wars, Jedi Temple Guards were responsible for guarding the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Later, several Temple Guards intervened in a lightsaber duel between the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and the rogue Padawan Barriss Offee. After Offee was exposed for framing Ahsoka Tano, several Temple Guards led her into custody.
The Grand Inquisitor, a Pau'an who headed the Galactic Empire's Inquisitors, was a former Temple Guard and Jedi Knight. About three years before the Battle of Yavin, several spectral Temple Guards including the Pau'an who became the Grand Inquisitor appeared in Kanan Jarrus's Force vision at the Jedi Temple on Lothal. After dueling with him, the spectral form of the Pau'an Guard knighted him as a Jedi Knight. These spectral guards later delayed the Inquisitors known as the Fifth Brother and the Seventh Sister; allowing Kanan and his companions to flee into hyperspace aboard the Phantom.
- Star Wars Adventures: Forces of Destiny: Ahsoka & Padmé
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- Kanan 8: First Blood, Part II: The Towers of the Temple
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 6: The Chosen One, Part VI (Appears as statue)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 7: The Dying Light, Part I (Appears as statue)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness" (Vision)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice" (Mask only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man" (Mask only)
- Star Wars 9: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part II (Helmet only)
- (First identified as Jedi Temple Guard)