- "This party's over."
- ―Mace Windu, to Dooku
The Jedi assault team, also known the Jedi task force, consisting of at least 212 Jedi, was led by Jedi Master Mace Windu on Geonosis to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Padmé Amidala from imprisonment by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. What ensued was the Battle of Geonosis, the first conflict of the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Separatists.
Following Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi's capture by the Separatist Council's droid forces, Chancellor Palpatine was given emergency powers by the Galactic Senate to create a Grand Army to defend the Republic. While Master Yoda traveled to Kamino to gather the army, Master Mace Windu gathered a task force of 212-strong jedi.
When Master Kenobi, his padawan Anakin Skywalker, Senator Padmé Amidala, and their Reek were surrounded by Droidekas, Windu and the assault team revealed themselves to Dooku, his Separatist allies, and the Geonosian crowd. As Windu held Dooku, Jango Fett, and the Separatist Council at lightsaber, the other jedi jumped into the arena. As the Geonosians fled, battle droids arrived and fought the jedi. Windu was forced into the arena by several super battle droids and Fett's flamethrower.
However, the battle droids outnumbered the jedi and many were cut down by the droids' blaster fire. Master Coleman Trebor attempted to fight Dooku, but was shot numerous times by Fett before he fell to his death. Fett joined the battle and fought Master Windu. Unfortunately, Fett was quickly beheaded by Windu. Master Kit Fisto was confronted by C-3PO, who's head had been attacked to B1-battle droid's body. Fisto was able to knock 3PO out. R2-D2 was then able to reattach 3PO to his rightful body.
The surviving jedi were surrounded by the battle droids. When Dooku offered the Jedi the chance to surrender, Windu refused to allow himself and the other jedi to be use as bartering tools.
As Dooku ordered the battle droids to finish the jedi off, the surviving jedi were then rescued by the newly formed Republic Grand Army's gunships under Master Yoda. Despite the high casualties, Master Kenobi, Padawan Skywalker, and Senator Amidala were saved from execution. Several of the jedi fought alongside the Clone troopers and forced the Separatists' droid army to retreat from Geonosis.
- "The shroud of the dark side has fallen. Begun, the Clone War has."
The Jedi were unable to stop Dooku from making his escape.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- 5-Minute Star Wars Stories Strike Back
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Attack of the Clones Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Jedi of the Republic—Mace Windu, Part I (Appears in flashback(s))
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Vader Annual 2: Technological Terror (Vision to Darth Vader)
- Lost Stars (Indirect mention only)
- (Story Gallery: Slide 29) (First identified as Jedi assault team)
- (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Sephjet Josall (★) (link)) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition