The Jedi chapter house on the planet Rhinnal was built when the capital city of Rhire was only a supply outpost for hyperspace explorers. It was destroyed by the Sith warship Red Reaper during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. The chapter house was eventually rebuilt, and specialized in educating its students in the art of healing through the Force. Expanded over the centuries, it was used continuously over the centuries as well as the academy on H'ratth.
In 33 BBY, Jedi Knights Vel Ardox and Noro Zak accompanied a wounded Master Adi Gallia to Rhinnal for healing following a particularly nasty fight during her mission to Esseles. While Zak and Ardox remained at the facility, Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi stayed on Esseles to pick up the mission Gallia had failed to complete. On Rhinnal communications were knocked out by a storm, causing Jinn and Kenobi to fear the worst. Arriving on Rhinnal, they found everything to be as it should be, and informed their comrades they had discovered the key to their assignment on Esseles: Bartokk assassins had stolen hyperdrive-equipped droid starfighters to attack the Corulag Academy.
Years later, at the close of the Clone Wars, the academy was shut down but not destroyed. Purged of all Jedi-related material by the Galactic Empire, the academy was spared destruction because of its function as a medcenter and its use to the native populace. Darth Sidious made a note regarding the Rhinnal chapter house in his stolen copy of The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force. He remarked that the book itself revealed such locations, saving the Empire time as they hunted Jedi.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Episode I Adventures 1: Search for the Lost Jedi (First mentioned)
- Episode I Adventures 2: The Bartokk Assassins (Mentioned only)
- Episode I Adventures 3: The Fury of Darth Maul (First appearance)
- Episode I Adventures 4: Jedi Emergency
Category:Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Flashpoint: "Red Reaper"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- ↑ Episode I Adventures 3: The Fury of Darth Maul