- "Bard'ika, it's cremation for a Jedi Knight, yes?"
"It is, Kal'buir."
"Tomorrow, then—a final night in her own home with her family around her, and then she goes to the Force, or the manda, or wherever, like the Jedi she was."
- ―Kal Skirata and Bardan Jusik, planning the funeral of Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan
Jedi funerals occurred when a Jedi had died and was cremated. Exceptions to this funeral practice were made in times of war when a body was left in an extreme environment or in very rare cases when the Jedi used a technique to retain their identity after death, and therefore, physically disappear upon their death. The case of Qui-Gon Jinn was different, his body did not disappear, but he still appeared to Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi numerous times in the following years.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 25: Vector, Part 1
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Star Wars: Zam Wesell
- Jedi: Mace Windu
- "Sabotage"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.38
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- Star Wars: Republic 76: The Siege of Saleucami, Part 3
- Star Wars: Republic: The Hidden Enemy
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Dark Journey
- Star Wars: Legacy 12: Ghosts, Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Legacy 16: Claws of the Dragon, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy—War 6
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Non-canonical appearance)