The Arquitens-class light cruiser, also known as the Jedi light cruiser or Republic light cruiser and later the Imperial light cruiser, was a line of light cruisers designed by Kuat Drive Yards. A later variant was introduced known as the Arquitens-class command cruiser.
- "Get back to the bridge. We need to detach before Grievous jumps ship."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to the clone naval officers aboard his Arquitens-class light cruiser during the Battle of Saleucami
Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi commanded one of these ships during the Battle of Saleucami, during which it was used to attract General Grievous as a distraction for the boarding party. The ship was destroyed during the battle, along with two clone pilots who were trying to pull away from the Separatist cruiser that had docked onto it.
Several Arquitens-class light cruisers formed part of the fleet that protected Kamino when it was attacked by Grevous and Asajj Ventress. Arquitens-class ships were also part of the fleet that engaged Ventress's fleet in the Sullust system later on.
Following a distress call from the Togruta colonists of the planet Kiros, Jedi Master Yoda deployed a group containing Arquitens-class light cruisers and a Venator-class Star Destroyer to investigate.
Darth Vader and Inspector Thanoth used this class of ship while carrying out Grand General Tagge's orders in the Anthan system. Consequently, the same class of ship had been carrying a fortune in credits prior to it's theft, which was what brought the two out to the system in the first place.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Arquitens-class light cruiser first appeared in the The Clone Wars episode Grievous Intrigue. Although the ships seen in Star Wars: Commander are virtually identical to other Arquitens-class light cruisers, the bridge design is more reminiscent of a command cruiser.
- (First identified as Jedi light cruiser)
- (First identified as Republic light cruiser)
- (First identified as Imperial light cruiser)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- (First identified as Arquitens-class light cruiser)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The increase in Imperial power has been very lucrative for Kuat Drive Yards.. Star Wars Rebels (February 26, 2015). Retrieved on February 26, 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- ↑ Darth Vader 9: Shadows and Secrets, Part III
- ↑ Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure