This settlement was constructed an unfathomable number of years prior to Jedi Master Luke Skywalker's residence in the village, and was comprised of ancient stone structures and cold huts that offered few comforts for their inhabitants. Skywalker himself made his home in a hut in the village, and accommodated Rey in another during her stay on the island. Caretakers of the Lanai also lived in and maintained the village huts.
Behind the scenesEdit
Scenes at the village were shot on location on the island of Skellig Michael off the coast of Ireland, with the ruins of an ancient Christian monastery, once the home of Celtic Monks who lived as isolated hermits sheltered away from mainstream civilization, used to portray the temple.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- The Last Jedi: Rey's Journey
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Jedi village)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection