Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Jeedai" was a mispronunciation of Jedi, commonly used by various species throughout the galaxy, most notably during the Jedi Civil War and the Yuuzhan Vong War, by the Yuuzhan Vong in the case of the latter. Nom Anor pronounced it as "Jedi," indicating the time he had spent in the galaxy prior to the Yuuzhan Vong War. In other cases, Jeedai may have been intended as an insult, or possibly the equivalent of a regional inflection. The Morgukai warriors Bok and Tsyr referred to Jedi as Jeedai. In the Huttese language Jedai was their word for Jedi as well.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, Hanharr's subtitle also uses the word "Jeedai" instead of "Jedi" but since he cannot pronounce words in Basic, it's only an implication that he pronounces the word in a different manner than any other Wookiees. Vossk also uses it in Knights of the Old Republic II.
In first Marvel Comics in French , "Jeedaï" or "Djeedaï" are used to translate Jedi, as other names, in a more French line. However, this translation is no longer used in their current Expanded Universe.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: Republic: Rite of Passage
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance
- Star Wars: Republic: Siege of Saleucami
- Invasion: Refugees 3
- Invasion: Rescues 2
- Invasion: Rescues 3
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
- The New Jedi Order: Traitor
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant
- "Equals & Opposites"—Star Wars Tales 21
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill
- Legacy 12: Ghosts, Part 2
- Tempest Feud
- With the Band
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Galactic Phrase Book and Travel Guide
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide