- "I have a very vague memory of seeing the first film in the theater—but I have much stronger memories of seeing Empire when it came out. My brothers and I went with our babysitter, and I was so absolutely excited before and blown away after. It really ignited my imagination and desire to tell stories."
- ―Jeffrey Brown
Jeffrey Brown (born 1975) is an American cartoonist who wrote the non-canon book Darth Vader and Son, as well as its three sequels, Vader's Little Princess, Goodnight Darth Vader, and Darth Vader and Friends.
He is also the author of the books of the Star Wars: Jedi Academy series, Jedi Academy, published on August 27, 2013, Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan, released on July 29, 2014, Jedi Academy: The Phantom Bully, released on June 30, 2015, and Jedi Academy: Attack of the Journal, published on August 25, 2015.
He cites the works of Kevin J. Anderson as some of his favorites from the Expanded Universe, as well as those of Alan Dean Foster. Notably, Kevin J. Anderson was the writer of a series titled The Jedi Academy Trilogy, while Brown has also written a trilogy of novels set within a Jedi academy. He also cites Calvin and Hobbes as an influence on his work.
Brown lives with his wife and son. He enjoyed drawing from an early age. He has a limited Internet presence and does not have an account on either Facebook or Twitter. He cites the works of Mark Alan Stamaty as the greatest influence on his work, and also enjoyed reading stories by Roald Dahl and J. R. R. Tolkien, amongst others. His other works include the Incredible Change-Bots series, which is a parody of Transformers.
Star Wars workEdit
Darth Vader and Son seriesEdit
- Darth Vader and Son (2012)
- Vader's Little Princess (2013)
- Goodnight Darth Vader (2014)
- Darth Vader and Friends (2015)
Jedi Academy seriesEdit
- Jedi Academy (2013)
- Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan (2014)
- Jedi Academy: The Phantom Bully (2015)
- Jedi Academy: Attack of the Journal (2015)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Jeffrey Brown (jeffreybrownrq) (2014-07-29). I am the author of Goodnight Darth Vader and Jedi Academy, ask me anything!. Reddit AMA. Retrieved on September 24, 2014. “I hope Kevin J. Anderson writes more, his Star Wars novels are among my favorites from the EU.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Interview with Jeffrey Brown
- ↑ The Jedi Academy Trilogy
- ↑ Star Wars: Jedi Academy
- ↑ Jeffrey Brown (jeffreybrownrq) (2014-07-29). I am the author of Goodnight Darth Vader and Jedi Academy, ask me anything!. Reddit AMA. Retrieved on September 24, 2014. “I loved reading Calvin and Hobbes when I was growing up - there's definitely some influence there, though it wasn't necessarily a conscious effect.”