- "I've got a problem here."
"I can hold it."
"No, I'm all—Aargh!"
- ―Porkins talks to Biggs Darklighter, moments before his death
Jek Tono Porkins, nicknamed "Piggy", was a male human trader and pilot from Bestine IV. He decided to abandon his homeworld after the Galactic Empire moved in and built a new military base there, and he ended up joining the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
- "Cover me, Porkins."
"I'm right with you, Red Three."
- ―Biggs Darklighter and Jek
In 0 BBY, Jek Porkins flew an X-wing starfighter in the Rebel Alliance Starfighter Corps during the Battle of Scarif. The battle ended with the theft of the technical readouts for the Death Star, a moon-sized Imperial battlestation.
Stationed at Base One, Porkins dished out drinks for his fellow pilots on the night before the Battle of Yavin. Porkins was chosen by Garven Dreis to fly a T-65B X-wing starfighter under the callsign Red Six, part of Red Squadron, alongside Nozzo Naytaan as the wingmen of Zal Dinnes. He bumped into Biggs Darklighter after the mission briefing, exchanging banter with his fellow pilot that Darklighter considered to be a ritual hazing from the cocky Bestine native.
During the battle, Dreis ordered the destruction of one of the Death Star's deflection towers, which Porkins and Darklighter destroyed with their starfighters' laser cannons. Porkins' craft struck debris from the tower and began to malfunction, causing him to drift over the Imperial turbolaser batteries mounted on the surface. Ignoring Darklighter's warning to eject from the craft, Porkins was killed almost instantly by ground fire. The officers and pilots around the central command table in the Massassi war room heard Porkins' last words, and Elyhek Rue vowed that he would be avenged. Despite this, another Rebel pilot didn't receive word of his death, and asked if Porkins could see Luke Skywalker's fighter a few minutes after Jek was shot down.
- "So long, Piggy. You will be avenged."
- ―Elyhek Rue
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Fighter only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- "Duty Roster"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Desert Son"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Grounded"—From a Certain Point of View (Voice only)
- Star Wars 45: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 28: The Awakening, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (First identified as Tono)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (as Red Six)
- ; image #4 (of 15)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 "Desert Son"—From a Certain Point of View
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 "Duty Roster"—From a Certain Point of View
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary