|Chronological and political information|
Jem aided Luke Skywalker and Kam Solusar in their search for lost Jedi knowledge on Ossus. Experiencing the Ysanna tribe's strong connection to the Force when he and Solusar first arrived on Ossus in 10 ABY, Luke decided to begin training the shaman's daughter. Jem proved to be a quick study, picking up phrases and words in Basic, although she tended to slip into her native language when frustrated.
Jem and Luke became romantically involved during her training and their relationship grew more intense during the following weeks as the pair traveled the galaxy, dealing with the threat of the Emperor reborn. While trying to save Luke from the Dark Jedi Tedryn-Sha and Krdys Mordi on New Alderaan, Jem was shot with a blaster and died after cleaving Mordi in two with her lightsaber. Her body dissipated upon her death, as she became one with the Force.
Behind the scenesEdit
Handbook 3: Dark Empire incorrectly names her "Jem Solusar."
Since Dark Empire II was written well before it was established that fading away at death was not a common ability among the Jedi, Jem's vanishing raises questions with the prequel trilogy, since the Ysanna were described as being considerably less adept than the Jedi in the ways of the Force. However, there is still too much that is unknown about a body dissolving into the Force to conclude that this might be a contradiction.
- Dark Empire II (First appearance)
- Dark Empire II audio drama
- Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Empire's End audio drama (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons (Picture only)
- ComicScan: Luke-ing for Love in all the Wrong Places – Star Wars Galaxy Collector 7
- Handbook 3: Dark Empire
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 134 (LIB4, Libraries) (Picture only)
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: The Comics Companion
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force