Jeremy Bulloch (born February 16, 1945) is a British actor best known for playing Boba Fett in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. He is producer Robert Watts's half-brother.
Although Bulloch wore the Boba Fett costume, the actual voice of the character (prior to being replaced with Temuera Morrison's in the 2004 DVD) was Jason Wingreen. According to what Bulloch later declared in an interview, the famous line from The Empire Strikes Back in which Boba Fett growls, watching a pair of Stormtroopers loading Han Solo on the Slave I, gave him a few problems: although Fett says "Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold" on-screen, Bulloch recalls actually saying "Put Captain cargo in the Solo hold" during that take. Bulloch also played the role of Lieutenant Sheckil after the original actor was unable to perform. He later had a cameo in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith as Captain Colton piloting the Tantive III.
Bulloch joined David Prowse, Michael Sheard and Orli Shoshan in the UK fanfilms Order of the Sith: Vengeance, and its sequel Downfall. Jeremy played the father and commanding officer of the main character, Fuser Marucs. The films were made in support of Save the Children. He was kind enough to made a cameo as himself (a convention attendee) in the Paducah Imperials FanForce feature length fan film Star Wars Fanboy, ironically muttering the words of Han Solo in Return of the Jedi: "Boba Fett? Where?".
He appeared twice in Doctor Who in the stories The Space Museum (1965) and The Time Warrior (1974). He was featured in the Beginning the End documentary about the making of the Time Warrior story.Other Star Wars related actors who have appeared on Doctor Who are:
- David Prowse (The Minotaur in The Time Monster)
- Michael Sheard (Has appeared in The Ark, The Mind of Evil, Pyramids of Mars, The Invisible Enemy, Castrovalva and Remembrance of the Daleks)
- Brian Blessed (King Yrcanos in Mindwarp)
- Warwick Davis (Porridge in Nightmare in Silver)
- David Tennant (The Tenth Doctor)
- Peter Cushing (The Doctor in two non-canonical Dalek feature films made in the 1960's)
- Julian Glover (Richard the Lionheart in The Crusade and Scaroth in The City of Death)
- Tom Baker (The Fourth Doctor)
- "Boba Fett: Mystery Man in Not-So-Shining Armor"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 1
- "Head Hunter: An Interview with Jeremy Bulloch"—Star Wars Insider 30
- "Star Sightings" - Star Wars Insider 56
- "Assistant of the Empire"—Star Wars Insider 147
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 152
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 7 Things We Learned From Boba Fett Actor's Reddit AMA. Rolling Stone ([July 10]], 2014). Retrieved on December 7, 2014.
- ↑ The Time Warrior DVD
- Jeremy Bulloch on Wikipedia