In 4 ABY, Jess was a Human female musician present in Jabba's Palace, hoping to eventually leave the establishment by joining a band. Jess was often seen in the company of Bib Fortuna stroking his lekku. He reciprocated the gesture, often leading her around the throne room by hand. She was in Bib's company when the dancing girl Oola was fed to the rancor. Later, she was left to slumber alone on Jabba's dais, as Bib Fortuna lay in wait with his master, ready to spring the trap as Leia Organa, disguised as Boushh, released Han Solo from carbonite.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Jess first appeared as a briefly glimpsed background character in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi played by English dancer and actress Amanda Noar. The character of Jess is more clearly visible in 1983's "Lapti Nek" The Music Video from Jabba's Palace and also makes an appearance in Return of the Ewok.
Bib Fortuna actor Michael Carter, via an interview on TheForce.net, has alluded to several cut scenes from Return of the Jedi that involved Jess and Salacious B. Crumb. Some of these scenes appear in "Lapti Nek" The Music Video from Jabba's Palace.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "Lapti Nek" The Music Video from Jabba's Palace
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 1: In the Hands of Jabba the Hutt
- Star Wars Manga: Return of the Jedi 1
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition (p. 107)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Jess) (First identified as Jess)
- "Return of the Ewok"—Star Wars Insider 46
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 66
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ TheForce.net. TheForce.Net - Jedi Council - Interviews - Cellblock 1138 - Michael Carter. Archived from the original on February 17, 2013. Retrieved on August 23, 2013, 2013.