|Chronological and political information|
- "Save your mercy for someone else!"
- ―Jobin, to Darth Vader
Jobin was a Human male who was the son of Mon Mothma, and a corporal serving the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War against the Galactic Empire. He was killed by Darth Vader during the Battle of Hoth.
- "And when I die, I'll know my life will have had meaning."
Jobin was a corporal in the Alliance Military, and commanded the 4th Squad on Hoth during the battle there. When Imperial Troops invaded with a surface attack, his platoon set out to assist Ion Control when one of his men noticed Imperial troops approaching from the South Ridge. His squad was attacked by an AT-ST, but Jobin was able to destroy it with a satchel charge and marched into the Ion Control center, where he killed a stormtrooper with an icicle. It was Jobin who activated Echo Base's v-150 anti-orbital ion cannon, which disabled an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer in orbit. It was also Jobin who sent the transmission "Imperial troops have entered the base," prompting Princess Leia to order the final evacuation of Hoth. He was killed in 3 ABY during the Battle of Hoth at the hands of Darth Vader while attempting to escape Echo Base. When his squad tried to escape on a transport, Lord Vader and his stormtroopers came upon them. While he was running towards the transport, Jobin was shot and gave another Rebel trooper a holo-recording for his mother. Though he shot at Darth Vader his efforts were to no avail. Vader levitated him off the ground and began to choke him. He attempted to interrogate the dying man, but Jobin refused to surrender any information, even spitting on him as an act of defiance. Vader then broke his neck with the Force, killing him.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Imperial troops have entered the base! Imperial troops have ent—"
The second edition of the West End Games sourcebook Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back includes Jobin's quote warning those remaining in Echo Base that invading Imperial troops have entered the facility. Published nearly a decade before the creation of Jobin's character, the quote is attributed only to a "Rebel Officer."
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Quote only)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike (Voice only)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back radio drama (Voice only)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel (Voice only)
- Star Wars Manga: The Empire Strikes Back 1 (Voice only)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (First heard)
- Entrenched (First appearance)
- One Last Night in the Mos Eisley Cantina: The Tale of the Wolfman and the Lamproid (Appears in flashback(s)) (Voice only)
- The Empire Strikes Back: The National Public Radio Dramatization
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition (Quote only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Breached Defenses) (Quote only)
- (Quote only)
- "Drawn by the Force"—Star Wars Insider 82 (Indirect mention only)
- "Ask the Master"—Star Wars Insider 82
- "Star Wars PocketModel TCG - Ground Assault" (Card: ) (Quote only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (Quote only)
- "Imperial Icons"—Star Wars Insider 148 (Quote only)