- "Most of us artists out there who have been doing Star Wars art for years already had our bodies surgically altered with the "Lucasfilm implant". Right after I signed the contract for my very first Star Wars project about twelve years ago all I can remember are a couple of guys in stormtrooper armor showing up at my apartment and abducting me in the middle of the night and then waking up at Skywalker Ranch the next day wandering around Lake Ewok in my pajamas with some fresh stitches in the back of my head. The implant keeps us from talking about scripts, sharing photographs and exposing other top secret information about their movies before they are released for fear of our heads exploding."
- ―Joe Corroney
Joe Corroney is an illustrator who has provided Lucasfilm Ltd. with official Star Wars artwork for related books, games, trading cards and magazines since 1996. He has also penciled Star Wars: Empire for Dark Horse Comics.
Other comic books he has illustrated include Crimson Dynamo for Marvel Comics, Green Lantern for DC Comics, Parts Unknown for Image, and Blood and Roses for Blue Line Pro. Along with developing his creator owned comic book series, Death Avenger, Corroney also recently illustrated Spike Vs. Dracula for IDW Publishing. Currently, he is creating new Star Wars artwork for Lucasfilm and Star Wars Insider.
Star Wars artworkEdit
- Joe Corroney's Official Message Board
- Drawing in the Empire on MySpace - Joe's MySpace.com Profile
- The Official Joe Corroney Discussion Thread on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board)
- Joe Corroney on Memory Alpha