- "We're not clear yet. There are still thirty pallets of cannon shells in C bunker."
"Forget the munitions, there's no time. Just get everyone on the transports."
- ―Jones and Kaydel Ko Connix
Jones was a human male who served as a captain and flight officer in the Resistance during its war against the First Order. Circa 34 ABY, Jones assisted Lieutenant Kaydel Ko Connix in evacuating the Resistance base on the planet D'Qar. When First Order Star Destroyers arrived at D'Qar during the evacuation, Connix instructed Jones to leave the base's munitions and get the remaining Resistance personnel aboard the departing transports.
- "Jones, tell the scuttle team to use the computers for target practice and get out of there."
- ―Kaydel Ko Connix
Jones was a flight officer and captain in the Resistance navy during the war against the First Order. Shortly after the Battle of Starkiller Base in 34 ABY, which saw the destruction of the First Order superweapon, Jones was stationed at the Resistance base on the Outer Rim planet D'Qar, where he assisted in the Resistance's evacuation.
During the frantic evacuation, as Jones and Lieutenant Kaydel Ko Connix strode across the base's landing field, he informed her that thirty pallets of cannon shells were still in storage. With time running short, Connix told Jones to leave the munitions and ensure that the remaining personnel boarded the lifeboats departing to the Resistance cruiser Raddus.
However, as Connix finished speaking, several First Order Star Destroyers arrived in the D'Qar system, catching the pair's attention. Fearing that the First Order would send slicers and droids to scour the Resistance databanks, Connix ordered Jones to oversee the destruction of the computers before evacuating.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- Jones: "There are still thirty pallets of cannon shells in C bunker."
- Kaydel Ko Connix: "Time to completion?"
- PZ-4CO: "Approximately ninety minutes."
- Kaydel Ko Connix: "We don't have ninety minutes. We may not have nine. Forget the cannon shells and the remaining maintenance stocks. Anything still down below is staying."
- ―Jones, Kaydel Ko Connix, and PZ-4CO in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition[src]
Jones first appeared in the 2017 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was written and directed by Rian Johnson. Jones has the first line of dialogue in the film. The character was portrayed by actor Jack Greenlees, who was credited as "Resistance Evacuation Officer."
Jones was first named in Jason Fry's novelization and audiobook of the film, which were released in 2018. The character's role in the novelization differs slightly from the film: In the book, Jones speaks to Connix after the First Order's arrival at D'Qar, rather than before, and protocol droid PZ-4CO is also present. Jones also appears in the non-canon junior novelization William Shakespeare's Jedi the Last, though he is only identified as "Soldier 1."
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (First identified as Jones, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition audiobook)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition audiobook (First identified as Jones, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Graphic Novel Adaptation
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary states that blue Resistance rank badges with a single vertical marking indicate captains of the Resistance navy. Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi depicts Jones with such a badge.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ William Shakespeare's Jedi the Last