Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Seven, sir. Jorin's gone."
- ―A Republic corporal reports Jorin's death to Sergeant Nidaljo
Jorin was a Human male living on the planet Coruscant and worked as a police officer with the Coruscant Security Force. During the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, Jorin served under Sergeant Nidaljo in the CSF's Special Tactical Unit, a tactical squad with the primary task of conducting operations against the Black Sun criminal syndicate. When the unit was tasked with aiding a Jedi Knight in rescuing the Republic scientist Eli Tarnis from the syndicate, Jorin was killed during the unit's attempt to set up a perimeter around Black Sun's headquarters in preparation for their upcoming raid.
- Nidaljo: "I'll go with you—but I won't ask my men to follow."
- Corporal: "You don't have to. The Jedi's right. We can't let those scum beat us."
- Soldier: "Count me in. Always wanted to fight alongside a Jedi."
- ―Nidaljo and his men agree to help after Jorin's death[src]
Jorin was a Human male who served as a police officer for the Coruscant Security Force during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Serving on the planet Coruscant, Jorin was part of the CSF's Special Tactical Unit, a tactical squad under the command of Sergeant Nidaljo tasked with fighting back against the Coruscant-based Black Sun criminal syndicate. By 3643 BBY, the team had been operating deep in the gang's territory for several months when they were tasked with aiding a Jedi Knight in rescuing the Republic scientist Eli Tarnis.
The unit was in the process of establishing a perimeter around Black Sun's headquarters when the criminals attacked with high-grade weapons. Six members of the unit were killed in the attack, and Jorin was severely injured along with four others, forcing the unit to fall back behind a hastily-created barricade. Jorin succumbed to his injuries and died not long after the Jedi Knight arrived, but the man's death helped the Jedi inspire Nidaljo and the rest of the unit to continue the fight and overwhelm Black Sun's forces.
Personality and traitsEdit
A Human male, Jorin had light skin and dark brown hair. As the Coruscant Security Force had no formalized paramilitary training in the years before the Cold War, most officers were ill-trained to handle the street warfare that plagued Coruscant after the Sacking of Coruscant by the Sith. Jorin was one of several brave officers who joined the Special Tactical Unit to fight the Black Sun with more fire power than regular patrol officers had at their disposal. Though his commitment caused him to lose his life, Jorin served—in death—as a rallying point for his fellow cops.
Behind the scenesEdit
Jorin appears in the BioWare MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic, in the Jedi Knight class story mission "Rescue." Jorin dies during the player character's conversation with Nidaljo, and the player can use Jorin's death to inspire the Sergeant and his men to join the fight against Black Sun as a light side option. However, the player can also Force Persuade Nidaljo to help for dark side points, or leave the CSF team behind for no alignment points.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Rescue" on Coruscant
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Coruscant Security"