The entries summarized their most famous battles, captured the feelings of individual troopers, and traced the 501st from its origins in the Clone Wars to its development as "Vader's Fist" during the Galactic Civil War.
The journal was kept as secret as the missions undertaken by the 501st; only after the fall of the Galactic Empire were the journals recovered.
The battles recorded included:
- First Battle of Geonosis (Geonosis: Attack of the Clones)
- Battle of Mygeeto (Mygeeto: Amongst the Ruins)
- Battle of Coruscant (Coruscant: A Desperate Rescue)
- Battle of Felucia (Felucia: Heart of Darkness)
- Battle of Kashyyyk [Space] (Kashyyk: First Line of Defense)
- Battle of Kashyyyk (Kashyyk: A Line in the Sand)
Behind the scenes
Temuera Morrison provides the voice for the narrator of every journal entry. In the game's credits, the character is identified simply as "Retired clone trooper", implying that he survived all of the battles above mentioned.
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (First appearance)