The entries summarized their most famous battles, captured the feelings of individual troopers, and traced the 501st from its origins in the Clone Wars to its development as "Vader's Fist" during the Galactic Civil War.
The journal was kept as secret as the missions undertaken by the 501st; only after the fall of the Galactic Empire were the journals recovered.
The battles recorded included:
- First Battle of Geonosis "Attack of the Clones"
- Battle of Mygeeto "Amongst the Ruins"
- Battle of Coruscant [Space] "A Desperate Rescue"
- Battle of Felucia "Heart of Darkness"
- Battle of Kashyyyk [Space] "First Line of Defense"
- Battle of Kashyyyk "A Line in the Sand"
- Battle of Utapau "Underground Ambush"
- Operation: Knightfall "Knightfall"
- Raid on Naboo "Imperial Diplomacy"
- Battle of Mustafar [Space] "Preventive Measures"
- Battle of Mustafar "Tying up Loose Ends"
- Kamino Uprising "Changing of the Guard"
- Death Star Uprising "Prison Break"
- Raid on Polis Massa "Birth of the Rebellion"
- Battle on the Tantive 4 "Recovering the Plans"
- Strike on Yavin 4 [Space] "Vader's Fist Strikes Back" and "Revenge of the Empire"
- Battle of Hoth "Our Finest Hour"
Behind the scenes
Temuera Morrison provides the voice for the narrator of every journal entry. In the game's credits, the character is identified simply as "Retired clone trooper", implying that he survived all of the battles above mentioned.
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (First appearance)