- "The Judicials are at the end of their tenure, in any case, as the Jedi seem to have become the Senate’s arbiters of choice."
- ―Palpatine to Tarkin
The Judicial Forces were the militarily trained peacekeeping forces of the Galactic Republic in the years before its fall. They were a part of the Judicial Department, and its members, called Judicials, were trained at the Judicial Academy.
Several years before the Clone Wars, the Republic began to rely more on the Jedi Order for peacekeeping issues, diminishing the necessity of the Judicial Forces. Just before the Battle of Geonosis, the Republic ultimately adopted a full Grand Army of the Republic.
- Darth Maul, Part I (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Tarkin (Mentioned only) (First identified as Judicial Forces)