- «That doesn't sound good. How angry will Princess Leia be?»
«That depends on what he's smashing. If it's the singing lamp the Jumerians gave her as a wedding present, she might even thank him. Let's just hope he hasn't broken Han's bottle of Ithorian Mist. That would be bad.»
- ―Mallatobuck and Chewbacca upon hearing their son, Lumpawaroo, ransacking the Solos' apartment.[src]
The Jumerians were a sentient species from the Jumeria system of the Core Worlds and members of the New Republic. By the year 8 ABY, they had presented Princess Leia Organa Solo with a singing lamp as a wedding gift. Although she found the item repugnant, she kept it in the Coruscanti apartment she shared with her husband, Han Solo.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "The Jumerian species was one of the members of the New Republic."
- ―Wookieepedia, 2006
Jumerians were mentioned in an eBook novel, A Forest Apart, written by Troy Denning and published in 2003. The original source did not make it clear whether the Jumerians were a species or a social group of some kind. However, in 2008, The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia included a Jumerian entry copied almost directly from the Star Wars wiki Wookieepedia, whose article on the subject assumed without reference that they were a species.
- A Forest Apart (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 179 ("Jumerian")
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. Jumeria appears to be one such case. .
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ A Forest Apart
- ↑ The revision that matches The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia's entry can be viewed here and predates the source by two years.