- «That doesn't sound good. How angry will Princess Leia be?»
«That depends on what he's smashing. If it's the singing lamp the Jumerians gave her as a wedding present, she might even thank him. Let's just hope he hasn't broken Han's bottle of Ithorian Mist. That would be bad.»
- ―Mallatobuck and Chewbacca upon hearing their son, Lumpawaroo, ransacking the Solos' apartment.[src]
The Jumerians were a sentient species from the Jumeria system of the Core Worlds. By the year 8 ABY, they had presented Princess Leia Organa Solo with a singing lamp as a wedding gift. Although she found the item repugnant, she kept it in the Coruscanti apartment she shared with her husband, Han Solo.
Behind the scenesEdit
Jumerians were mentioned in an eBook novel, A Forest Apart, written by Troy Denning and published in 2003. The original source did not make it clear whether the Jumerians were a species or a social group of some kind. However, in 2008, The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia included a Jumerian entry copied almost directly from the Star Wars wiki Wookieepedia, whose article on the subject assumed without reference that they were a species. This thereby became canonical.
- A Forest Apart (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 179 ("Jumerian")
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. Jumeria appears to be one such case. .
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ A Forest Apart
- ↑ The revision that matches The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia's entry can be viewed here and predates the source by two years.