Notable distinctions from the common rancor were its brightly colored skin, sharp spines that ran along much of its body as well as its tongue, and webbing between its fingers and toes. The jungle rancor also had much larger jaws than the common rancor.
Early in the Clone Wars, a jungle rancor was found in the Nightsisters temple. A pair of Jedi assigned to investigate the temple were chased by the beast, but they were able to lead it into a pit, trapping it.
Jungle rancors were also found on the jungle world of Felucia. After crash-landing on the planet, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka Tano crossed paths with two of the large beasts. Strangely, nearby villagers did not seem to be threatened by these rancors.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Kinect Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars junior novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (Appears in deleted scene(s))
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: Tethan Battle Adventure
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: The Way of the Jedi (Image on gunship)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- "The Fear Architects"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.32 (Vision to Obi-Wan Kenobi)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide
- The Art of Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Two
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Magazine 11
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.32