Jurgan Kalta's carbine was a very powerful and accurate blaster carbine commissioned by the Zabrak mercenary Jurgan Kalta by 3956 BBY. Sometime after Kalta's death, this carbine came into the hands of the Ithorian hunter Fazza Utral.
Jurgan Kalta's carbine was much more powerful than a standard blaster carbine, and the two-handed weapon was especially effective against droids. It was also more accurate than the standard carbine, although its effective range of twenty-five meters was comparable to more normal designs. The weapon had a gold-colored finish over most of its body, with the exception of the end of the gun barrel, which was silver-colored.
The Zabrak mercenary Jurgan Kalta, who was active before the Great Sith War, had a carbine built sometime before his death from a gaxxan brain-slug, which occurred during or before the year 3956 BBY. Kalta viewed the weapon as "amusingly destructive." By 3956 BBY, the Ithorian hunter Fazza Utral owned the weapon. He had the weapon for sale at his Hunting Lodge for 4,500 credits in the city of Anchorhead on the planet Tatooine.
Behind the scenesEdit
Jurgan Kalta's carbine appeared in the 2003 BioWare video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, where it was a unique weapon that the player could purchase from Fazza Utral in the city of Anchorhead on the planet Tatooine. Compared to the standard blaster carbine, the weapon's statistics had large increases to the amount of damage dealt and the attack bonus, as well as a physical damage bonus against droids.
The Knights of the Old Republic: Prima's Official Strategy Guide by Prima Games contains an entry on the weapon, in which the title is misspelled as "Jurgan Kalta's Combine." It is also misspelled this way in the appendix of the book. While the game does not state when Jurgan Kalta had his carbine built, 2008's The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia established that Kalta was active before the Great Sith War, which occurred in 3996 BBY.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Knights of the Old Republic: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (as Jurgan Kalta's Combine)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ The Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game manual states the range of a blaster carbine as twenty-five meters, which is the same as the range for Jurgan Kalta's carbine from the game.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 196 ("Kalta, Jurgan")
- ↑ Knights of the Old Republic: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology