|Jurgan Kalta's assault rifle|
|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
Jurgan Kalta's assault rifle was the favorite weapon of the Zabrak mercenary Jurgan Kalta. The weapon was capable of dealing both ion damage and the standard damage dealt by a blaster. Sometime after Kalta's death, this accurate, high-powered assault rifle came into the possession of the Twi'lek businessman Crattis Yurkal.
Jurgan Kalta's assault rifle was much more accurate than the standard blaster rifle. It had increased effectiveness against droids due to the fact that it dealt ion damage, as well as the standard energy damage caused by a blaster. Due to its size, firing the weapon effectively required two hands. The weapon had a silver-blue finish and had an effective range of twenty-eight meters, which was comparable to other blaster rifle designs in use during the Jedi Civil War. The rifle was able to receive upgrades to its energy cell, firing chamber, scope, and trigger.
The Zabrak mercenary Jurgan Kalta, who was known for his adaptability, owned this assault rifle prior to his death from a Gaxxan brain-slug before the Jedi Civil War. Even though Kalta owned a powerful carbine, the assault rifle was his favorite firearm, as the weapon's adaptability complemented his own. By the year 3956 BBY, the weapon was owned by the Twi'lek businessman Crattis Yurkal. He had the weapon for sale at his store, Aratech Mercantile, in the Jedi Enclave on the planet Dantooine, for 8,000 credits.
Behind the scenesEdit
Jurgan Kalta's assault rifle made its first appearance in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, a video game produced by BioWare, which was released for Xbox on July 15, 2003 and for PC on November 18, 2003. In the game, it was a unique, upgradeable weapon that the player could purchase from Crattis Yurkal at his shop inside the Jedi Enclave on the planet Dantooine. Compared to the standard blaster rifle, the weapon's statistics had a large increase to the attack bonus, as well as a large ion damage bonus against droids. Jurgan Kalta's assault rifle also received an entry in the Knights of the Old Republic: Prima's Official Strategy Guide by Prima Games.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic—The Knights of the Old Republic manual states the range of a blaster rifle as twenty-eight meters.
- ↑ Boulding, Aaron (2003-07-13). Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Review. IGN.com. IGN Entertainment, Inc.. Retrieved on October 28, 2013.
- ↑ Boulding, Aaron (2003-11-21). Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Review. IGN.com. IGN Entertainment, Inc.. Retrieved on October 28, 2013.
- ↑ Knights of the Old Republic: Prima's Official Strategy Guide