- "Learned that little move from a k'Jtari pirate."
- ―Sana Starros, after detaining Chelli Lona Aphra
The k'Jtari were a group that inhabited the galaxy. A k'Jtari pirate once taught a hand-to-hand combat technique to Sana Starros, a human smuggler. In the months after the attack on Cymoon 1 in 0 ABY, while en route to Sunspot Prison, Starros used her k'Jtari training to immobilize Doctor Chelli Lona Aphra, a Rebel Alliance prisoner who was attempting to escape custody.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the new Star Wars canon, the k'Jtari were first mentioned in Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I, a comic book written by Jason Aaron and published in 2016. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the k'Jtari were a species created by Paul Danner for Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy, a 1997 expansion of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game.
Since the text in Star Wars 16 uses block capitals, the canonical capitalization of "k'Jtari" has yet to be determined. This article assumes the capitalization used in Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy.
- Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I
- ↑ The attack on Cymoon 1 occurred after the Battle of Yavin and immediately before the events in Darth Vader 1: Vader. Darth Vader 1 is set before Darth Vader 4: Vader, Part IV, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 0 ABY, so it can be deduced that Darth Vader 1 and the attack on Cymoon 1 also occurred in 0 ABY. Furthermore, Darth Vader 25: End of Games, Part VI dates itself to months after Darth Vader 1, and Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I is set between Darth Vader 1 and Darth Vader 25. Therefore, it can be concluded that the events in Star Wars 16 take place in the months after the attack on Cymoon 1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy