- "Do you know what's going on?"
"Maybe it's another drill."
- ―KE-829 and his partner
Stationed on the first Death Star, he was on guard duty near Tractor Beam 12. When Obi-Wan Kenobi deactivated the tractor beam to allow the Millennium Falcon to leave Docking Bay 327, he overheard this trooper and his partner conversing about the BT-16. After accomplishing his objective, Kenobi used the Force to confuse the stormtroopers and escape the area. Specifically, Kenobi tricked KE-829 into thinking there was something behind them, eventually attributing it to nothing more than outgassing.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novel
- Tag & Bink Are Dead 1 (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Trading Card Game – Battle of Yavin (Card: Stormtrooper KE-829) (First identified as KE-829)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia