KMD-RA-71 was a silver-plated RA-7 protocol droid produced by Arakyd Industries. It was present in Jedha City on the moon Jedha in the year 0 BBY. When the Galactic Empire evacuated its forces from Jedha, KMD-RA-71 looked up to see the Star Destroyer Dauntless departing. The Empire then destroyed Jedha City with the Death Star superweapon.
KMD-RA-71 was an RA-7 protocol droid that spent time on the moon Jedha in the year 0 BBY. The droid was walking through a street filled with market stalls in Jedha City when a pair of children dashed passed it, causing KMD-RA-71 to pause in front of three members of the Central Isopter cult and turn to look at the area where the children had been.
When the Galactic Empire evacuated its forces from Jedha, KMD-RA-71 looked up at the sky as the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Dauntless departed from above Jedha City. Shortly afterwards, the Empire's Death Star superweapon fired upon Jedha City, destroying it.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "We were talking to one another before we went on to do our bits but I did notice that he kept wandering off or going in the wrong direction, and it wasn't until he took his head off that he said he couldn't see anything."
- ―Fellow droid performer Dee Tails speaks about Plant's experiences as KMD-RA-71
KMD-RA-71 was portrayed by creature and droid performer Nathan Plant in the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which was released in North America on December 16, 2016. It was not identified in the film, but was given a designation by Pablo Hidalgo in the reference book Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide, which was released on the same day as the film.
Plant—who also portrayed 4D6-J-A7 in Rogue One and one of the Hassk triplets in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens—had extremely limited vision while wearing the KMD-RA-71 costume, as the lenses kept on fogging up while he was on set.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as KMD-RA-71)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded establishes that the RA-7 protocol droid line is manufactured by Arakyd Industries. As Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide establishes that KMD-RA-71 is an RA-7 droid, it must therefore have also been manufactured by Arakyd.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know establishes that droids of the RA-7 protocol droid line stand 1.7 meters in height. As Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide establishes that KMD-RA-71 is an RA-7 droid, it must therefore stand 1.7 meters tall.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide dates the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, including KMD-RA-71's appearance on Jedha, to 0 BBY.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Pellegrom, Dennis (February 2017). Dee Tails (K-OHN). Star Wars Interviews. starwarsinterviews.com. Archived from the original on December 9, 2017. Retrieved on December 9, 2017.