- "KX-series droids are hardened against intrusion. Getting past their programming is a challenge."
- ―Cassian Jeron Andor
KX-series security droids, also referred to as enforcer droids, were a model of security droid manufactured by Arakyd Industries that was in service to the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. They were present on both Jedha and the Imperial facility on Scarif. K-2SO was an example of this model.
Enforcer droids came equipped with a built in comm package, recharge port, and a computer interface arm that allowed them to connect with standard communication frequencies for areas they were assigned to. The Imperial crest was imprinted on the side of each shoulder.
The KX-series droids were programmed to speak and interact with people, but were not as proficient at it as protocol droids were. They could handle a wide range of tasks, including escorting dignitaries, protecting important people and defending Imperial installations.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One Secret Mission
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Rogue One: X-wing VR Mission (Voice only)