The KX9 laser cannon was a powerful laser cannon produced by the Taim & Bak weapons company and could operate both in and out of space. They were considerably more powerful than those on the various TIE models.
The laser cannon was used in the T-65 X-wing starfighter. Four of these laser cannons, one mounted at the end of each of the X-wing's S-foils, provided the starfighter with considerable punch. Located near the tip of the KX9 was a magnetic flashback suppressor, which stopped any overcharged blasts from damaging the cannon. These powerful cannons could be fired singularly, in offset pairs, or all at once.
The laser cannons appeared again during the Battle of Hoth on the T-65's, which were escorting the rebel transports past the Imperial fleet and the AT-AT's which were assaulting the Rebel ground base.
|KX9 laser cannon.ogg (info)|
|Listen to a KX9 firing|
|Problems listening to the file? See media help.|
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 35: Dark Lord's Gambit
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Starfighter Battle Book: X-wing vs TIE Interceptor
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: X-wing Laser Cannon)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 1 (XWI2, T-65 X-Wing Fighter)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 51 (LAS2-3, Laser Cannons)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Omnibus: X-Wing Rogue Squadron Volume 1