Kaadus were creatures native to the planet Naboo. During a fight on the Great Grass Plains, Kaadus were deployed with Fambaas to support the Gungan Grand Army to fight off the Trade Federation battle droids. Kaadus in the wild traveled in herds numbering in the millions. Kaadus were also amphibious, being able to stay underwater for up to two hours. Kaadus felt most at home building their nests in muddy swamps and grassy plains, where the females would lay between 100 and 250 at a time. Taming a Kaadu was a Gungan rite of passage.
Behind the scenesEdit
Kaadu sounds were provided by recordings of pigs' grunts and whales' breaths.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as Kaadu)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know