Kaadus were creatures native to the planet Naboo. During a fight on the Great Grass Plains, Kaadus were deployed with Fambaas to support the Gungan Grand Army to fight off the Trade Federation battle droids. Kaadus in the wild traveled in herds numbering in the millions. Kaadus were also amphibious, being able to stay underwater for up to two hours. Kaadus felt most at home building their nests in muddy swamps and grassy plains, where the females would lay between 100 and 250 at a time. Taming a Kaadu was a Gungan rite of passage.
Behind the scenesEdit
Originally, the Kaadu were to be native Tatooine as beasts of burden  However, due to the evolving story of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace which called for the Gungans to be beast-riding soldiers, the Kaadu was transported to Naboo and the Eopie was created in its place from modified concept art of the Kaadu. Upon their transfer to Naboo, the Kaadu were given aquatic characteristics, particularly a duck-billed snout and smoother skin.
Kaadu sounds were provided by recordings of pigs' grunts and whales' breaths.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as Kaadu)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas