- "I'm a city girl, but there's something about this place that rubs me wrong."
Kaas City was the capital city of the reconstituted Sith Empire during the Great Galactic War, the subsequent Cold War and Galactic War, established in a jungle environment on the Sith capital world of Dromund Kaas. After the destruction of the previous Sith Empire in the Great Hyperspace War, the remnants of the Sith eventually settled on the remote planet of Dromund Kaas. This led to Kaas City's rise from a small settlement into a massive metropolitan area that served as the home of many important Sith Lords, most notably the Sith Emperor and the members of his Dark Council.
At the end of the Great Hyperspace War, the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order emerged triumphant against the Old Sith Empire. Unwilling to allow the Sith any chance of threatening the peace of the Republic ever again, the Supreme Chancellor dispatched a combined force of Jedi and Republic troops to annihilate the remnants of the Sith on Korriban and other Sith worlds. This led to the brutal genocide of millions of Sith and Imperial citizens across the old Empire. While this action effectively broke the power of the Sith for centuries to come, what remained of the Sith were able to flee deep into hiding. In search of a new homeworld, the Sith eventually rediscovered Dromund Kaas, a forgotten colonial world of the Sith Empire. Deep within a jungle, the last of the Sith established a small settlement that gradually grew into the vast urban center known as Kaas City.
With Dromund Kaas virtually isolated from the rest of the known Galaxy, the Sith were able to rebuild their strength in Kaas City without fear of being discovered by the Republic or the Jedi. The Emperor worked tirelessly over the span of many centuries, plotting to exact vengeance on the Sith's ancient enemies by slowly and steadily restoring the Sith Empire back to its former glory. Upon the long anticipated completion of the Emperor's vast armies and naval forces, the Sith Empire declared war on the Galactic Republic, thus launching the Great Galactic War. In the aftermath of the Republic's defeat, Kaas City became the center of an even larger empire that ruled half of the Galaxy, while the other half remained under the Republic's control during the era of the Cold War. Eventually the Sith Empire would fall after the Galactic War and Dromund Kaas would be forgotten by the galaxy at large.
By 44 ABY, long after the Sith Empire vanished from the galaxy, Kaas City continued to exist, although as abandoned ruins.
At the time of the Cold War, Kaas City was divided into six districts known as hubs. The Ministry of Travel's office was located in Hub 3. Among the city's most notable structures was the Imperial Citadel. In addition to its purpose as a visible symbol of the Sith Empire's restoration to glory, the building was also the headquarters of the Sith Emperor and his Dark Council.
- The Old Republic: Revan
- The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith (First appearance)
- The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 3: Burn the Future
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- The Old Republic: Annihilation
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Kaas City"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The Old Republic: Revan
- ↑ Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
- ↑ The six hubs and the Ministry of Travel are only mentioned kiosk maps of Kaas City featured in Star Wars: The Old Republic.