Kala'uun was a large subterranean city on Ryloth, within the Lonely Five mountain range, and one of the planet's two capitals. Like all cities on Ryloth, it was located along the twilight terminator separating day from night. It had a large spaceport that was the center of interplanetary commerce for the Twi'leks. To protect it from heat storms and the native lylek, a massive portcullis blocks the only accessible underground tunnel to the city.
The upper layers of the city hosted shops, tourist attractions, schools, and business opportunities that drew visitors from around the galaxy. Two large businesses centered in Kala'uun were Galactic Exotics and SchaumAssoc.
The lower levels were rarely seen by visitors. These levels mainly featured residential areas and shops catering to residents. The largest and most opulent houses were located closest to the surface, spanning for a little more than a kilometer. Below them were more modest housing and excellent restaurants serving authentic Twi'lek food.
At the very bottom and side caverns were where slums were located. Here the poorest Twi'leks tended to Rycrit cattle and raised algae for a living. Visitors were not allowed to enter the lower levels unless they had a special pass or were accompanied by a resident.
- Star Wars: Republic: Show of Force (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: Battleground: Tatooine (First appearance)
- "Big Quince"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2 (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: The Krytos Trap
- Hutt and Seek (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest (Mentioned only)
- Platt's Starport Guide
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Elis Helrot)
- No Disintegrations
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook - Special Edition
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- (Background Aurebesh)
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook