- "Why must all my trips to Kalarba always be so eventful!"
Kalarba was a pleasant and largely undeveloped world near several powerful and rich Mid Rim systems. The planet was covered in a large world-spanning ocean and the landmasses were dominated by mountain ranges including the Three Peaks of Tharen and rocky coastlines. Because of its undeveloped beauty, the planet greatly profited from tourism.
The planet's two moons were the ash-covered Indobok which was home to the B'rknaa species and advanced Hosk Station which was entirely covered by a vast Esseles-class Space Station built by Alderaan Royal Engineers during the early millennia of the Galactic Republic as a docking and transfer point for starships.
Though one of its moons, Hosk Station, had been settled during the early years of the Galactic Republic, Kalarba was only settled during the last centuries of the Republic. The descendants of these colonists have since developed a high opinion of self worth and a great strength of spirit which is said to be embodied within the Three Peaks of Tharen, a widely-visited mountain range near the planet's equatorial zone.
In 22 BBY, Kalarba was one of ten Mid Rim planets that loosened immigration restrictions to allow for the resettlement of beings displaced by the Separatist Crisis. The planet was located within Separatist space during the Clone Wars. During the Imperial Period, Wena Havid served as its governor.
By 4 ABY, the planet had become an Imperial fortress world. After the end of the Nagai–Tof War, the New Republic launched its main liberation campaign against the Empire. Aftre the Battle of Glom Tho, the Imperial forces abandoned Kalarba and the New Republic settled on the planet. This New Republic forces later linked up there with a task force coming from Bothawui in order to attack Druckenwell.
- (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett: Hunted (Mentioned only)
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids Special
- Star Wars Droids: The Kalarba Adventures (First appearance)
- "Star Wars: Droids: Artoo's Day Out"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 1
- Star Wars Droids: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Droids: The Protocol Offensive (Mentioned only)
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (Advertised destination only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point
- The New Jedi Order: Recovery (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (Mentioned only)
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth"—Star Wars Insider 25 (Picture only)
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Essential Guide to Droids (Mentioned only)
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- "Who's Who in the New Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 57
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 112 (KAL1-2, Kalarba)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook