- Numa: "A totem passed down the line of a Twi'lek family. It honors all who have come before."
- Gobi Glie: "Each parent adds to the artwork to include themselves in the legacy."
- Sabine Wren: "Hmm. Family history as living art."
- ―Numa, Gobi Glie and Sabine Wren talk about the Kalikori[src]
The Kalikori was a revered Twi'lek heirloom passed from parent to child through generations. According to traditions, each parent of a certain Twi'lek lineage made additions to the family artwork, to include themselves in the family legacy. Though materially worthless to outsiders, it was held as beyond value by the family it belonged to.
- "It is a pity our first encounter might well be our last. I will keep your Kalikori in a place of honor."
"If I knew you'd take it, I would've smashed it when I had the chance."
- ―Thrawn and Hera Syndulla
In 2 BBY, some members of the early rebellion including Hera Syndulla, and Hera's father Cham undertook a mission to the Syndulla residence, which was located in the Tann province on the planet Ryloth and occupied by the Galactic Empire, to get their family's Kalikori back. The mission failed and the Kalikori was eventually taken by Grand Admiral Thrawn of the Galactic Empire, to be added to his collection. Some time later, Thrawn established a base of operations at the Lothal Imperial Factory, including an office from which he could strategize his next moves. The Syndulla Kalikori was one of the artworks which he would often examine in his quest to destroy the rebellion. The Syndulla Kalikori was then taken to Thrawn's office aboard his command ship, the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimaera.
Behind the scenesEdit
"Kalikori" is a word that first appeared in the 2011 Star Wars Legends video game Star Wars: The Old Republic as the Kalikori village, a Twi'lek settlement on the planet Tython. According to the in-game codex, the village was named after an old Twi'leki word for "beginning".
- Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes"
- ↑ The events of this article take place in or after Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow, which is the first known episode to take place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see 's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ @HGilroy67's doing)" . "I can't recall where that came from. It was so long ago! (My suspicions are that it was
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Jedi Temple (Tython)"