Kamino cloning chambers, also called hatcheries, were disk-shaped cloning tanks used to grow clones on Kamino. They were most notably used as the primary method of creating Jango Fett's clones, to be trained for service in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars.
The cloning chamber was studded with cylinders that housed the developing clones. The genetic material from the host was originally taken and modified to the desired parameters, used to create artificial embryos in an egg lab. Then the new embryos were grown inside glass incubation wombs housed in the Kamino cloning chambers. There, the chamber provided the developing embryos with the nutrients they needed to develop in the form of a nutrient bath.
The components of the Kamino cloning chamber included the actual cloning chamber, diagnostics, DNA sequencing, energy supply, life support, and the fetal clones housed inside the chamber.
The Kaminoans grew millions of clones for the Galactic Republic in these chambers. Later, they would be used by the Kaminoans to grow their own renegade clone army to resist the fledgling Galactic Empire.
Several hatcheries were scattered throughout Tipoca City. Kaminoans expected a survival rate of over ninety percent. Every so often, an entire batch would develop an issue.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (novel)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Republic 50: The Defense of Kamino
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (comic)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- (First identified as hatcheries)