Karina ruled over Geonosis and her empire from beneath the Progate Temple with Archduke Poggle the Lesser acting as Geonosis' public leader. Karina laid many eggs and learned how to bring dead Geonosians back to life.
In 21 BBY, during the Second Battle of Geonosis, Karina was able to have her undead soldiers capture Jedi Master Luminara Unduli when Poggle allowed her to follow him into the Progate temple's catacombs. Karina then allowed two more Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, to come before her.
When Kenobi told that she must surrender to the Republic, Karina refused to do so. She told Kenobi about her plans to use her children to control Unduli and the other Jedi. However, Karina was blinded by Commander Cody's troopers' flashlights. As the Jedi made their escape and took Poggle, Karina was buried alive.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Ultimate Star Wars
- "Breathing New Life Into a Dark Lord"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2016
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ The databank entry for Klik-Klak states that Klik-Klak was the sole survivor of the Galactic Empire's Sterilization of Geonosis, Klik-Klak appears in the episode "Ghosts of Geonosis" which takes place in 2 BBY and after the sterilization, therefore Karina the Great must have died at some point before 2 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Darth Vader 4: Vader, Part IV
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas