The dynasty reached its height as the culture discovered ways in which to control and manipulate "the Breath," also known as the Force.
The priestly class of the the dynasty were known as the Guardians of Breath, who received visions and presented them to the rulers of Kashi. Having abandoned the worship of the Niman double-trinity of gods in favor of following the Breath, the Dynasty was not swayed by a vision of devastation caused by abandoning the Niman. Under the Order of the planetary rulers, the Guardians purged their Order of Niman followers and exiled those who would not forsake the sacrifices demanded by the Niman.
In the wake of the purges, the monarchy led the people of Kashi in taking hope in a prophecy of a restored galaxy of peace and prosperity. With its roots in ancient prophecy, the monarchy's hope led the Kashi people to remain on their world despite the promise of catastrophe promoted by the few surviving Niman devotees.
The culture was wiped out when the primary star supporting Kashi went supernova in 25,000 BBY, and the entire system was destroyed. Prior to this, the Kashi Mer talisman was stolen from the planet, and the supernova occurred shortly after the thief, Reda Jalooz returned to the planet seeking forgiveness. The Orixon Nebula's black halo is the remnant of the planet.
The monarchy was guarded by the Royale Macheteros.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Cult Encounters of the Star Wars Universe (Canceled novella)
- Tales of the Jedi Companion (First appearance)
- "Relic"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- Classic Adventures: Volume Four - The Best of the Journal
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare