At least one
- "I did not mean to draw comparisons between Katarr and Malachor… my homeworld still exists. It is… intact. The planet was not destroyed, it remains… it orbits, dead in space, but nothing lives on its surface. It echoes, but there is no one left to hear it."
- ―Visas Marr
Katarr was the sole colony world of the Miraluka, a Force-sensitive race that was only able to see through the Force. Although its continents were almost entirely covered by mountains, it had rich flora and fauna, including birds and trees. The Miraluka of Katarr built their cities with a distinctive, round-shaped architectural style.
- "My people never saw his face when he struck—but they heard his voice. When my lord spoke, every living thing on Katarr died. The destruction of Katarr echoed through the Force, the screaming of countless lives."
- ―Visas Marr
All life on Katarr was devoured by the Sith Lord Darth Nihilus approximately 3,952 BBY. The attack was directed at a Jedi meeting being held on the planet. From the entire planetary population, only one being, a Miraluka named Visas Marr, survived. Sometime after the destruction of Malachor V, Visas returned to walk across the surface of Katarr. Although the primary motivation behind Nihilus' attack was obviously to devour the Jedi, the fact that Katarr was located almost half-way between Onderon and Dantooine, two key Republic worlds, led some to believe that the Sith wanted to blind that section of the galaxy to the Force, possibly to allow them to make it easier to hide their movements from the Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
The planet shares its name with the Katar, a type of sword. In Polish, "katar" means " coryza".
- "Unseen, Unheard"—Star Wars Tales 24 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned in Codex entry)
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Indirect mention only)
- Chronicles of the Old Republic (First mentioned)
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas