Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kath hounds were about the size of a large dog, fur-covered, and each limb ended in four hoofed digits. They were generally not very hostile, unless provoked. At one point, the kath hounds started attacking the citizens of Dantooine and were blamed for numerous crimes, including the theft of a protocol droid. When Revan was being re-trained as a Jedi, one of the trials that Dantooine's Jedi Enclave council ordered him to complete was to remove a dark side taint which had made the kath hounds more violent. Kath hounds were also a popular pet for the crime lords of Nar Shaddaa, including Visquis and Vogga the Hutt. Domesticated kath hounds, called salkies, were also popular pets on Coruscant.
There was also a breed of kath hound called a horned kath hound, which was more aggressive and dangerous than the standard hound. They had two tusks and were slightly larger than normal kath hounds. Certain horned kath hounds were born albino, and the rare albino specimens were the toughest of all kath hound subspecies, Revan encountered one of these on his exploration on Dantooine.
Behind the scenesEdit
The expressions "runt of a Kath-hound," "son-of-a-Kath-hound" and "Kath-mutt" are similar to the real expression "son of a bitch."
- "Shadows and Light"—Star Wars Tales 23
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (as Kath pup) (Mentioned only)
- Republic Commando: True Colors (Mentioned only)