|Galactic Civil War|
- "Apparently this part of space is known for causing hallucinations."
- ―Luke Skywalker
The Kathol Rift was an area of space inside the Kathol sector. It was difficult to maneuver through, as it consisted of a dense accretion of nebulaic material. It was home to both the Aing-Tii monks, who were able to easily navigate through it, and the DarkStryder. It was believed to be a construct of the Celestials, although another source had it as the result of a launch gate explosion caused by the Dark Jedi Halbret.
The Rift was known to induce hallucinations in those who traveled within the vicinity, with the effect often amplified in Force-sensitive beings. Common hallucinations included spiders and other arthropods.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- Choices of One (Mentioned only)
- Vision of the Future (First appearance)
- Abyss (Mentioned only)
- Allies (Mentioned only)
- The DarkStryder Campaign (First mentioned)
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- The Essential Atlas
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- backup link on Archive.org) (Non-canonical appearance) (