Keelkana were a non-sentient species of aquatic, eel-like creatures that were native to the ocean world of Dac. They grew to be several meters long, and were employed as mounts by the Mon Calamari Knights. They saw much use during the Battle of Mon Calamari that was fought in the opening months of the Clone Wars, when they bit through the battle droids and war vehicles of the Quarren Isolation League. During the same battle, the combined strength of several keelkana was used by a team of Knights to push a giant crab cannon to its destruction in a deep trench carved into the ocean floor.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Kelkana Tooth)
- "Blood-Feud: Warriors of the Deep!"—Star Wars Insider 129
- (First identified as Keelkana)
- Strongholds of Resistance