Kepitenochan was a city on the Wookiees' homeworld Kashyyyk. It sat on the forest floor, whereas most Wookiee cities were placed up in the Wroshyr trees. The city had a Command Center and a number of Prefab Shelters, along with military buildings. A Government Tree was constructed in the city.
Years later, during the early days of the New Republic, it was burned down by Moff Darcc in an attempt to reign in the Wookiees. Han Solo, his co-pilot the Wookiee Chewbacca, and Weebacca reoccupied the city with Wookiee slaves they had freed and rebuilt the Government Tree to serve as a rallying point. They endured attacks emanating from the Imperial's nearby River Base, but even as soon as construction started survivors started returning.
Behind the scenesEdit
Kepitenochan was first mentioned in the strategy guide to the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. It appeared during a Chewbacca campaign mission. The mission and thus Kepitenochan was also included in the game's 2002 expansion pack, Clone Campaigns.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance)
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide