The Kessel prison, also the Imperial Correctional Facility, was a prison created to keep various people who were dangerous to the Galactic Empire locked away. Later, there was a revolt, and a prison employee named Moruth Doole, a Rybet, took it over and forced former Imperial guards to work in the spice mines of Kessel. He employed the former prisoners as his own personal guards.
Rebel Alliance pilot Wedge Antilles was shot down and captured during the assault on Kile II. He traveled by armored hovertrain to the prison, but was released by Rogue Squadron before arriving there.
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- The Jedi Academy Trilogy (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast