|Chronological and political information|
Ketwol was an asteroid miner and prospector, traveling around the galaxy aboard his battered freighter, the Herd Mother. Like all members of his species, Ketwol's legs were very short, so short that he opted to employ a pair of robotic stilts that raised his height to that of most humanoids.
Ketwol was generally pleasant but kept to himself. Even so, he managed to annoy a companion of his at the cantina. He was also peaceful but very skilled with a small blaster hidden in his robes. He befriended the Human female Swilla Corey in Mos Eisley, and helped her rebuild her life.
An enemy of the Galactic Empire, Ketwol supplied the Rebel Alliance with materials and information. During the day that the Empire invaded Mos Eisley, he forced a squad of sandtroopers marching towards the rebel Anchorhead Base led by the Imperial spy Garindan into retreat.
During a mining operation in an unidentified asteroid belt, a lone TIE Fighter was sent into the belt to find any hiding rebels. By detonating a mine-field, he destroyed the attacker.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ketwol and Melas were both played by special effect artist Howie Weed.
Ketwol's mechanical stilts were never seen on-screen in the special edition of Star Wars. The Hasbro action figure was the first time this was depicted.
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (post-1997 releases only) (First appearance)
- The Emperor's Court (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Ketwol)
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook - Special Edition
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- Ultimate Alien Anthology (Mentioned only)
- "Star Wars Q&A"—Star Wars Insider 71
- (Voice only)