The Khetanna was a sail barge manufactured by Ubrikkian Industries and owned by the Hutt crime lord Jabba. After the Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker killed Jabba's pet rancor, the crime lord demanded Skywalker and his companions Han Solo and Chewbacca be executed at the Great Pit of Carkoon. The Hutt and his entourage traveled to the pit in Khetanna in order to view the executions, but the prisoners managed to board the sail barge and kill Jabba, destroying the sail barge as they escaped.
During the early part of the Clone Wars, the Khetanna was carrying Jabba the Hutt's infant son, Rotta back to his palace. However, it then came under attack by a Trident-class assault ship being flown by Asajj Ventress, acting under orders from Separatist leader Count Dooku and his ally, Jabba's uncle Ziro. The Khetanna was then grabbed by the ship and Rotta was taken by Ventress to Teth. It survived the attack.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
During the Galactic Civil War between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire, Jabba continued to use the Khetanna. He used it when Lord Vader visited him and used its cannons to massacre a party of Tusken Raiders.
Rescue of Han SoloEdit
Shortly before the Battle of Endor, Princess Leia Organa, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, Lando Calrissian, Chewbacca and the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 staged a rescue attempt of Han Solo, who was frozen in carbonite inside Jabba's palace. However, the attempt ended up failing and Organa was forced to become Jabba's slave, while Skywalker, Solo and Chewbacca were sentenced to death by being consumed by the sarlacc in the Great Pit of Carkoon. Jabba, accompanied by Organa and his entourage, traveled to the pit in Khetanna to witness the execution. However, R2-D2, who was still aboard the sail barge, launched Skywalker's lightsaber into the air, allowing the Jedi to catch it and fight back against Jabba's henchmen, while Organa went on to kill the Hutt. Skywalker soon managed to board Khetanna, and after neutralizing the guards on top, told Organa to aim the vessel's main blaster cannon at the deck. The pair proceeded to swing across to one of the nearby skiffs while the cannon fired at the barge, starting a chain-reaction and causing it to explode.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars 4: Skywalker Strikes, Part IV
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Bloodline (Appears in hologram)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ screenshot)—The tweet in question refers to the number of in-universe years between the canon films and television shows. Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, in which the Battle of Yavin appears, is set as Year 32. Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, in which the rescue of Han Solo takes place, is set as Year 36. Using simple math, it can be deduced that Han Solo's rescue and the destruction of Khetanna took place four years after the Battle of Yavin. . “0 10 10-13 13 27 32 35 36” (
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars 4: Skywalker Strikes, Part IV