Kiffu was a planet in the outermost reaches of the Inner Rim, near the Rimma Trade Route. Kiffu was the larger sister world of Kiffex. When the two worlds' elliptical orbits would bring them close together, large electrical storms would be generated in Kiffu's atmosphere. The Kiffar harnessed the lightning to provide electrical energy.
Sometime after 3653 BBY the planet was forcefully annexed into the Sith Empire. It was one of the many planets that the Galactic Republic had to withdraw from due to the Treaty of Coruscant. Many Kiffar escaped into Republic space. Some of them joined the Republic forces to liberate their homeworld. After the Cold War Kiffu became part of the Galactic Republic. It was ruled by the Sheyfs of Clan Vos from 331 BBY to 22 BBY, when the planet was conquered by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenesEdit
Contrary to official map placements, Darkness place Kiffu in the Outer Rim Territories.
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 20: Twilight, Part 2 (First appearance)
- Star Wars 21: Twilight, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Heart of Fire (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Republic: Darkness
- Jedi: Count Dooku
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Empire (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation (Mentioned only)
- Legacy 26: The Hidden Temple, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Legacy 34: Storms, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Legacy 35: Storms, Part 2
- Legacy—War 2 (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- "Who's Who in the Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 62
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook