|Chronological and political information|
Kin Kian was a starfighter pilot and gunner who served the Alliance to Restore the Republic in 4 ABY. Kian served with Aggressor Squadron, before transferring to Rogue Squadron for a short time. When information was discovered that the Galactic Empire was building a second Death Star over the forest moon of Endor, the Alliance organized a strike against the battlestation. Kian was present at the briefing, and was assigned to backseat Colonel Horton Salm's BTL-S3 Y-wing starfighter as a gunner. Salm led Gray Squadron during the Battle of Endor, and made the run through the Death Star's superstructure. Salm and Kian survived the battle, and he joined the Ewok celebration on Endor with some of his fellow pilots.
Behind the scenesEdit
Kin Kian first appeared in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi as an unnamed Rebel pilot. In 2000, Decipher, Inc. released their Death Star II Limited expansion for the Star Wars Customizable Card Game named the character as Kin Kian. However, in 1997, Dark Horse Comics had already used the name for Sullustan gunner in Aggressor Wing in X-Wing Rogue Squadron 23: In the Empire's Service, Part 3. Whether or not the character on the CCG card was intended to be this character is unknown.
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Kin Kian) (First identified as Kin Kian (Human))
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Kin Kian)
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Colonel Salm)
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Gray Squadron 1)