|Kinect Star Wars|
Kinect Star Wars is a video game for the Xbox 360's Kinect peripheral. It was announced at the Electronic Entertainment Expo on June 14, 2010. The game was developed by LucasArts, Terminal Reality and Microsoft Game Studios. The brief gameplay trailer showed the player controlling a lightsaber-wielding Jedi, fighting stormtroopers and Vulture droids, before being challenged by Darth Vader. The events of the game begin shortly after Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and conclude during Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. The game was released on April 3, 2012.
There are five total modes available to play in the game. They include:
- Jedi Destiny - The main mode of the game, the campaign story, set in the prequel trilogy of Star Wars movies.
- Rancor Rampage - In this mode, a Rancor wreaks havoc on different planets,with the player controlling the Rancor. The goal is to destroy everything in their path, the players arm movements control the Rancor's arm movements. The Rancor can also jump and charge.
- Galactic Dance Off - In this mode, very similar to Dance Central, the player copies dance movements the characters on screen perform. Several famous songs are used in the game, such as Ridin' Solo, but given slight re-writes, such as "I'm Han Solo", to fit the Star Wars universe.
- Podracing - The player controls a podracer and makes their way to the finish line, using their hands to control the podracer.
You can choose from the following characters:
- The pod, not the character
- Duels of Fate - In this mode, the player controls a Jedi, and have lightsaber duels with Sith or other sword wielding opponents.
Lessons on KashyyykEdit
On a Republic Consular-class cruiser on route to Kashyyyk, Mavra Zane escorts a group of Padawan learners to be taught under Grand Master Yoda and finish their training. Zane instructs the Padawans on how to wield a lightsaber, to deflect blaster bolts and duel an opponent. After their training on the ship, the group lands on Kashyyyk and are greeted by Master Yoda, Master Mace Windu and Master Obi-Wan Kenobi (as a hologram). Master Yoda greets the Padawans and instructs them to rest for their lessons. The next day, Master Yoda instructs two Padawans on how to use the Force on the training course that the Wookiees train in for millennia. The two progressed through the course speeding, destroying dummies, jumping and ducking obstacles with the guidance of Yoda, and continued their training. They learned to use the Force to destroy training dummies, lift, throw and catch rocks and lift a Jedi Starfighter. After finishing these tests, their training was over and they have mastered their control of The Force.
Battle on KashyyykEdit
After finishing their training, the two Padawans and Yoda found Trandoshan transports invading the planet with Battle Droids and Trandoshans. After dispatching some battle droids, Yoda and two Padawans flew two speeders across the jungle and the lake to reach the Wookiee village. After reaching the village, Yoda left the Padawans to fight the Trandoshans and battle droids on his own. After dispatching some B1's, B2's, Droidekas and Trandoshans, the Padawans were reunited with Mavra and made their way to the beach to take out a Trandoshan base. After dispatching many Trandoshans, droids, and missiles, the three made it to the base. Zane went inside to blow up the main reactor while the Padawans fought more Trandoshans and droids, and even facing two Trandoshan sword wielding sport-hunters, Zane set the thermal detonator and they only had a few seconds until the base's utter destruction and the Trandoshans retreated.
After the first battle's end, debris and bodies from both factions were everywhere. Mavra Zane, Master Yoda and Chewbacca discussed what the Trandoshans were doing. Chewbacca tossed an Accelerated Charged Particle Repeater Gun to her to show her what it was. It was obvious to her: it was no hunting party, it was a full scale army. Yoda left Kashyyyk to inform the Jedi Council of the battle. After Yoda left Kashyyyk, Mavra Zane and Chewbacca saw incoming Trandoshan dropships mounting a counter-attack. This time, the Wookiees and Jedi barely stood any chance against the Trandoshans. All of the Wookiees and Padawans tried to make it to a Raddaugh Gnasp fluttercraft to escape. Before they could get on, a chunk of platform fell in front of Zane and the two Padawans. Before the platform fell, the three made it to a zip-line on the far end and mounted it. After dispatching more droids and Trandoshans, the Jedi made it to some more fluttercraft. But Trandoshans already blew them up with their hover pods. Than Master Zane instructed the two Padawans and Chewbacca to escape Kashyyyk and warn the Jedi council of the Trandoshan counter-attack. Then she left to engage more Trandoshans. After making their way past droids and Trandoshans, the two Padawans and Chewbacca made it to a landspeeder and used it to get to the Star Runner.
Escape from KashyyykEdit
The Padawans and Chewbacca reach the Star Runner, where they are greeted by an adventurous but naïve protocol droid named TC-38, who assigns the two Padawans to the ship's defense systems and shoot down a group of vulture droids along the way. After jumping into hyperspace, the ship's occupants are contacted by Windu and Yoda, who inform them that Zane and the other Padawans are being held captive aboard a Providence-class destroyer called the Nihilist above Felucia.
Galactic Dance OffEdit
These songs were featured in the Galactic Dance Off mode, and are included here along with their real-world counterparts in parentheses.
- "Aerodynamic" (Daft Punk – "Aerodynamic")
- "Blasterproof" (La Roux – "Bulletproof")
- "Celebration" (Kool & the Gang – "Celebration")
- "Demons" (South Central – "Demons (Reset! Remix)")
- "Empire Today" (Village People – "YMCA")
- "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" (deadmau5 – "Ghosts 'n' Stuff")
- "Hologram Girl" (Gwen Stefani – "Hollaback Girl")
- "I'm Han Solo" (Jason DeRülo – "Ridin' Solo")
- "Just the Way You Are" (Bruno Mars – "Just the Way You Are")
- "Kashyyyk" (Jamiroquai – "Canned Heat")
- "Little White Doves" (Dirty Vegas – "Little White Doves")
- "Naturally" (Selena Gomez & the Scene – "Naturally")
- "Princess in a Battle" (Christina Aguilera – "Genie in a Bottle")
- "Stronger" (Britney Spears – "Stronger")
- "We No Speak Huttese" (Yolanda Be Cool and DCUP – "We No Speak Americano")
Menu Screen StorylineEdit
The menu screens seen in between modes have their own storyline. R2-D2 and C-3PO are sent by Luke Skywalker to retrieve files from the Jedi Archives on Coruscant. In the temple, they meet the "Commander", who "supervises" their mission. The player is the commander and each mode appears as a separate file from the archives.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
This is a gallery of the different cover variations of Kinect Star Wars.
As of February 12th 2013, Kinect Star Wars is the most popular true Kinect game on the Xbox 360  It however is the 8th most popular when games are included that are enhanced with the Kinect and are not true Kinect games. Despite Kinect Star Wars getting less than stellar reviews from most game reviewers Conan O'brien did a review of the game and enjoyed playing it .
Kinect Star Wars claim to fame is that when it was first released it was the number one sold game in the United States and the United Kingdom, the later being a more important fact because Kinect Star Wars is the first Kinect game to be number one in sales in the United Kindgom.    .
Notes and referencesEdit
- E3 2010: Debut Gameplay
- 'Star Wars' at E3: Your first look at 'Kinect Star Wars' -- EXCLUSIVE
- Kinect Central most popular games list
- Conan O'brian clueless gamer