- "If we do not reclaim the delving citadels we will never fulfill the Empire's demands. And this is my kingdom. You must–"
"All you must do is obey, Queen Trios."
- ―Queen Trios and Darth Vader
During the Age of the Empire, the Galactic Empire controlled the planet and its people through the monarchy of Shu-Torun. While Shu-Torun as a whole was ruled by a monarch, the planet was divided into multiple baronies, each based around a delving citadel and administrated by members of the nobility—collectively known as the ore-dukes. Due to its wealth in minerals, the Shu-Torun ran a mining operation to extract their homeworld's ore in order to fill their quota as imposed by the Empire.
Following the Battle of Yavin, the Empire increased its demand for ore to the point of causing dissatisfaction among the dukes and barons who exerted a degree of influence on the King of Shu-Torun. Facing pressure from the ore-dukes, the king conspired to assassinate Emperor Sheev Palpatine's emissary, the Sith Lord Darth Vader, but was killed by Vader's assassin droids instead. As a result, the crown passed to his sole-surviving heir, Princess Trios, whom Vader spared so that she may serve the Empire's interests as a vassal queen.
- Darth Vader Annual 1 (First appearance)
- Darth Vader 16: The Shu-Torun War, Part I
- Darth Vader 17: The Shu-Torun War, Part II
- Darth Vader 18: The Shu-Torun War, Part III
- Darth Vader 19: The Shu-Torun War, Part IV
- "Shu-Torun Lives"—Star Wars 50: Hope Dies, Part I
- Star Wars 38: The Ashes of Jedha, Part I
- Star Wars 39: The Ashes of Jedha, Part II
- Star Wars 40: The Ashes of Jedha, Part III
- Star Wars 42: The Ashes of Jedha, Part V
- Star Wars 43: The Ashes of Jedha, Part VI
- Star Wars 44: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part I (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars 46: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part III
- Star Wars 47: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part IV
- Star Wars 48: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part V
- Star Wars 49: Mutiny at Mon Cala, Part VI
- Star Wars 50: Hope Dies, Part I
- Star Wars 51: Hope Dies, Part II